Friends of Squirrels (FoS)
This notice is to help you understand how and why FoS collects your personal information and what we do with that information. It also explains the decisions you can make about your own information.
The purposes of FoS
FoS is the parent’s association of Wimbledon Common Preparatory School (“the school”). We help the school to raise funds by organising events to which pupils, parents, staff and alumni (former parents and pupils) are invited.
FoS collects and processes personal data as follows:
- Contacting parents and alumni of the school to inform them about events;
- Sharing lists and contact details with other parents in the same class as your child (with your consent).
What data does FoS hold?
We hold basic details, including your child’s name and class, your address, telephone number and email address.
For alumni we hold contact details and sometimes the dates that you or your child attended the school.
On what bases do FoS rely to process your data?
FoS relies on the legal basis of legitimate interests for processing your information in most cases. For instance, if you would like to attend an event, we will ask you to provide us with contact details so that we can send you details and arrange payment.
Sometimes we will rely on consent, for instance when we are sharing contact lists of parents in your child’s class or where you have signed up to be part of the alumni group and have asked to be contacted about events we are running at the school. You can withdraw your consent for that information to be shared.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep the information we hold in accordance with the school’s information and records retention policy.
Who do we share your data with?
We will only share your details with third parties when we have asked for your consent to do so, or where we are required to do so by law.
Your data rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- correct your data if it is incorrect;
- provide a copy of the information we hold about you;
- delete the information we hold about you, under certain circumstances;
- pass your data to another organisation
- in certain circumstances restrict the use of your information
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your data where you have given your consent previously. This cannot be done retrospectively.
This privacy notice will be reviewed in line with the school’s regular cycle of policy review. We will place any updates on the FoS webpage and alert you via the webpage to any changes.
The FoS chair is your first point of contact regarding any updates or changes to your data and they are in charge of the data protection for FoS.
If you consider that we have not acted properly when using your personal information, please contact the FoS chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at ICO.org.uk.